Friday, May 28, 2010

Still Going

This past week we ran Sunday (about 5-6 miles) and Thursday (around 5 miles). There's plenty of light at 5 a.m. now, and it's already pretty warm - even that early in the day. Not too bad yet, though. Erin found a new route that takes us out of that boring loop, so that helps keep us going.

My main problem at the moment is that my ankles are sore - both of them. I'm not sure why it's happening now, when we're not running very intensely at all. So I'm wondering ... do I take a break or keep it up?

I don't want to take a break from running - I'm happier and more productive when I run, and of course I'm still eating as if I run 25 miles a week - so I'm just taking each run as it comes and trying to work through the soreness.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm... not sure about the ankle pain. Are you still taking ibuprofen? I'd stick with a regime of that over a few day, like 600mg 3x a day? They give me 800mg when I have back pain. And see if that helps. I'd call your personal physician and ask. Don't want to have to give up that running!

    I'm off on my last "short run" before Sunday's 1/2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been taking any ibuprofin - not since the first time I felt pain a couple weeks ago. I'll start again - good advice! I'm always reluctant to take any kind of meds, but I don't really know why. It makes sense to reduce pain, you know? I will do that and see if it helps for our Sunday run. And speaking of Sunday runs, I am so excited for you!! I can't wait to hear how it goes... GOOD LUCK! :)

    ReplyDelete