Friday, April 30, 2010

Spreading the Love

We ran five miles again yesterday, bright and early as usual - but still dark out at first.

Jerod said: "It's a beautiful morning for a run .... zzzzzzzzz" and fell back asleep. Did I mention that he has started running, too? He runs during the workday a few times a week in Centennial Park and around here on weekends, and he's started lifting weights again. He's already feeling the positive effects, and he says our consistency has inspired him. It's good to be spreading the love.

Yesterday was a beautiful morning - clear and cool, maybe 65? Perfect for shorts and a long-sleeved T-shirt. It's funny how we consider five miles a short run these days. We ran and talked, and I noticed that my Achilles tendon is hurting a little on my left foot. I'm taking the day off today and tomorrow to let it rest, and we'll pick back up with a medium-long run on Sunday. (Erin is not taking these days off, however. She took a yoga class Thursday, lifted weights Friday and will probably be running on Saturday.)

OH! My friend Sarah mentioned a relay race coming up in Tennessee in November. I've never done anything like this before. It sounds like a great race, so I'll find out more details about that. Thanks for checking in!

3 comments:

  1. Rebecca, my running inspired my husband, too! He ran the relay (which you will love doing) last year and this year we are splitting the marathon. I think my husband was mostly inspired by his competitive spirit and not wanting me to be in better shape than him plus he felt left out of the family of runners.

    I feel so rotten that I missed my run today, unanticipated kid stuff got in the way plus visitors this weekend. I will have to wait until Sunday it looks like which makes me fell like a slug.

    I have trouble with my Achilles if I do too many hills, rest and try to stay on a flat surface while running. You should probably try some Advil for a couple days to reduce the swelling.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, I think my husband is feeling a little bit of the same competitive thing. :) But whatever works, right? Very cool that you are splitting the marathon with him. I would love to do that with my husband if he keeps up the training! Don't feel bad about missing the run. Kid stuff happens, as you know, and it's always chaotic when visitors are coming. You're cracking me up about the slug thing. You're so not a slug. You could probably do with a good rest, and you still have some time before the race. I'm sure you're right about the hills - probably happened during the race since I'm not really used to hills. I'll stick to flat places Sunday. Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend with your parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking that you didn't get to run today with all the flooding. I hope you are all doing okay.

    I ran 5 today and it was so hard! We had our first hazy, hot and humid day and I felt like I was trying to recover from that run all day long. I'm hoping that Burlington weather cooperates and gives us a nice dreary 50-60 degree day.

    ReplyDelete