Sunday, April 11, 2010

12.5 miles!

Today Erin and I logged 12.5 miles. Yep, that's right. 12.5!

We stomped it out, as Erin would say. I see now why people say you should train more than 10 miles before the race. The last couple of miles were tough; we were definitely feeling it in our legs. But we did it and even had enough energy to kick it in. So I'm feeling good about the race, which is in just two weeks! With a cheering crowd, water every few miles, and live music along the way, we should be in great shape to finish 13.1 miles.

We were out of town most of the week, so I haven't kept up my blog log. Here 'tis:

I had to skip the Tuesday run because of our trip, but I met Erin bright and early for our five-mile run Thursday.

And I ran four miles yesterday (Saturday).

After today's nearly-half-marathon run, we're taking the day off tomorrow and will pick it back up on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment