Monday, March 15, 2010

Life Gets in the Way

I've taken a hiatus, but not by choice.
My 2-year-old had a throwing-up virus last Wednesday night, so I couldn't make my Thursday morning run (and it was pouring rain and lightning, so Erin didn't run, either.)
See my last post below: Throwing-up children are acceptable excuses for missing a run.

Friday we left to visit our family friend who is terminally ill in a hospital in Indianapolis. The decision to go was a quick one, and we just piled in the car and went. So Saturday and Sunday - my long runs - were out. My idealistic plans to run on the hotel's treadmill ... well, that just never happened. Not even close.

I did run about 3 miles today just before dark; I'm trying to hang in there during this week or so of tough schedules. But tomorrow I'm off to Arkansas to visit my parents for a few days. I'm hoping to find somewhere to run there.

My motivation is down lately. I think the cold, gray, rainy weather plays a part, and definitely sadness for our friend, C.P. Also, I think, because I haven't been as running regularly as I'd like. It really does make a difference. I plan to be back on track by Saturday, when I'll be home and ready to do the long runs with Erin.

By the way, Erin has officially registered for the Country Music Half-Marathon - YAY! We're going to run it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment