Sunday, March 28, 2010

Going Strong

I haven't posted since last Sunday, but I have been running. Here's the breakdown...

Tuesday: Five miles with Erin in the wee morning hours.

Thursday: Between five and six miles with Erin in the pouring rain at 5:15 a.m.

Saturday: Between three and four miles solo on a gorgeous, sunny afternoon.

Sunday: Eight solid miles with Erin. We started running in a slight drizzle, but the sun was out by the time we finished. I wore a heavy rain coat (the only one I have), but I ended up with it tied around my waist and feeling like a 10-pound weight. This week I'm buying some new running shoes and a light rain coat for running, since springtime in Tennessee comes with lots of rain - at least this year.

All in all, it's been a great running week. Those early runs are not always easy, but I'm grateful to have a steadfast friend and running partner who is dedicated to our goal - even when it's cold, rainy, dark and inconvenient.

My body is sooo sore today after the eight-mile trek. The kids are asleep, and I'm heading now for a long, hot bath.

Here's a photo of Erin on our run today when the train was coming through.


No comments:

Post a Comment