Sunday, March 7, 2010

I'm Feelin' It - Finally!

I took an extra day off Saturday because of my cold, and I feel much better today. So good, in fact, that I ran 6.5 miles with my (avid runner) neighbor, Erin. Let me tell you, running with a friend makes a world of difference. We sailed through 6.5 miles in one hour with no problem - and no stopping. We're going to try to run together more often, especially on weekends.

After the morning run, I trekked all around the Nashville Zoo with my family. It's a beautiful, spring-like day here - 62 degrees! I'm looking forward to more of these gorgeous days for running, gardening and just hanging out.

Some extra half-marathon incentive: I've learned that two of my neighbors, a neighbor's daughter and several friends are running the County Music Half-Marathon. Also, one of my friends from our New Hampshire days is coming in from Philadelphia with her Team in Training team to walk it. She's bringing her husband, and we're all going to hang out before and after. Fun!!

Now I'm going to try to get Erin to do it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment