Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hot!

We started out early for a Sunday run - 7:30 a.m. - and it was already about 85 degrees and steamy with the sun beating down. We ran three sweaty miles before deciding to walk the last 2.5. Erin was feeling queasy, and I didn't mind the slowdown since my Achilles was sore (I thought that pain was gone but no!). Did I mention it was really hot?

Maybe Tuesday will be better. At least we got out there - that did feel good.

And the big news that I can't believe I haven't posted: The trail is open again! It's all intact but not nearly as shady since so many big trees were uprooted and washed away. Still, we are just glad to be on a nicer route with some shade and a river view.

2 comments:

  1. It's so hard to run when it's hot! At least you got out there and all the sweating is good, right?

    It's been really cool here but now, with the puppy and lack of sleep, I'm too tired to run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's another reason why we can't get a puppy. It would be like having a newborn again... I'm not up for that yet! :)

    ReplyDelete