Sunday, September 26, 2010

Famous Last Words

OK, so I've been vowing to blog more, and I have not followed through... I don't have time for the details now, but I have a lot of new stuff going on in my life - good stuff. Mainly, a new job that is physically demanding and leaves me exhausted at the end of the day, with no energy for blogging! BUT I've still been running pretty faithfully, with the exception of last week. Erin and I ran on Tuesday morning at 5:15 a.m. (with a headlamp strapped to my head because it's so dark!), but we skipped Thursday. Erin had something planned that morning, and I was just in need of a break. We skipped today because our husbands were camping together with our older kids, and I had no one to watch my 2-year-old. We have another scheduling conflict this week, but we should be back on track by Thursday. I did go to an outdoor yoga class yesterday, which was awesome. If I had more time, I could easily get addicted to yoga. It was a good workout - different from running, of course, but I still broke a sweat - and I felt so calm afterward (but am sore today).

I still have some running issues - a lingering Achilles heel soreness along with ankle soreness. It's so annoying. I love running now, and I don't like to take time off because of soreness. A lot of what I get out of running is mental, and I really feel it when I miss too many workouts.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you for running despite being so busy! I trust it's gotten cooler? Today, I had a nice jog with temps in the upper 50's. I agree with the mental stimulation or clarity as I like to call it. Jog on!

    http://cggrlogan.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has definitely gotten cooler - temps even in the 60s early in the morning hours. Ahhhhh! I'm glad you're able to get back to it, too. I need to sign up for a race to keep me going. When is your race?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My next race is the 1/2 Memorial Day weekend but I'd like to do something else just to give me a goal. There's a turkey trot but it goes up the steepest hill and I'm not interested in killing myself. So, I really don't have anything definite until the spring.

    ReplyDelete