Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Best-Laid Plans...

You know that saying ... something like, "If anything is certain around here, it's that nothing is certain." And so it goes with my running schedule. This time it was snow and ice that kept me homebound - and I have been pretty grumpy without my regular running time. Seriously, I can tell a difference (and so can my husband). The sidewalks and roads - and definitely the trail - have been layered with ice and snow, and I really didn't want to sprain an ankle or worse. I could have run today (temps back in the 40s - yeah!), but schools were closed, and there was just no way. You can bundle up a 2-year-old in the jogging stroller, but you can't ask a 5-year-old to run along, you know? No matter. Tomorrow should be back to normal, and I'm looking forward to getting back in the groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment