Saturday, January 2, 2010

First Day, Not Bad

I ran 2.5 miles today in the freezing cold, so I'm feeling pretty good about my first day of training. I barely made it out the door, what with the sausage balls for breakfast and the lazy, holiday feel that is still in full swing around our house. You know how you get in a slump if you lay around the house all morning without a shower? That was me today. But I finally got into gear while the kids were napping (husband was home) and headed out to the trail with my new pedometer and an iPod full of This American Life podcasts. I actually felt that I could have gone farther, but I didn't want to overdo it - and that could be very easy to do considering how very little I've exercised the past year.
I know 2.5 miles isn't much, but it's something. At this point, that's enough. (Bonus: Kids were still sleeping when I got back.)

No comments:

Post a Comment